When you live 2.5 hours away from your family, you end up taking a lot of road trips. After a while I get sick of the top 40 radio stations and pester Ian into deep, thought-provoking conversations. During one of these conversations Ian asked me, “If you could only eat one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?” Without hesitation I said, “chocolate covered strawberries.” Yes, I know. This is groundbreaking information.
Sadly, Ian doesn’t share my love for chocolate covered strawberries. Therefore, I devised a plan to sneak my favorite dessert on the Valentine’s Day menu. My tactic of choice? Infusing the strawberries with alcohol.
The end result was perfection. The dry champagne paired with the sweetness of the strawberry and the bitterness of the dark chocolate has your mouth savoring every bite.
If you are looking for a last minute Valentine’s Day gift idea a box of these strawberries would make anyone happy! Enjoy!
Champagne Infused Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 12 strawberries, rinsed and dried
- 1 bottle of champagne
- 1 bar of dark chocolate
- Place the strawberries in a bowl and submerge in champagne
- Let the strawberries soak in the champagne for 12 – 24 hours
- Remove the strawberries from the champagne and pat dry
- Heat the dark chocolate in a glass bowl in 30 sec. increments in the microwave until melted
- Dip each strawberry into the chocolate and place on a non-stick surface (I used a silicone mat)
- Wait until the chocolate has hardened before serving