After an indulgent holiday season (a.k.a one too many Christmas cookies…) Ian and I dove into an eight week fitness challenge. Sadly, it runs over Valentine’s Day and the typical box of chocolates after a candlelight dinner will have to be skipped.
However, I read between the challenge guidelines and noticed that two things are approved in moderation – popcorn and dark chocolate. So I give you a health conscious Valentine’s Day dessert option – Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Popcorn! It’s the perfect combination, sweet and salty. Plus, you won’t have to feel guilty afterwards. I would say this is a major win, win!
Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Popcorn
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- One bar of dark chocolate
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Use an air popper to pop the popcorn into a bowl
- Spread the popcorn into a thin layer on a cookie sheet
- Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle over the popcorn
- Quickly sprinkle sea salt over the popcorn before the chocolate hardens
- Once the chocolate has hardened, break the popcorn apart and place in a bowl to enjoy
One thought on “Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Popcorn”