DIY Painted Succulent Pots

April 8, 2015 at 2:00 AM 7 comments

DIY-Painted-Succulent-Pots

Remember those plants Ian bought me at the Mitchell Park Conservatory? Well, I thought it was time to transfer them into proper pots.  With a dip dyed effect in mind I picked up two small terra cotta pots from the craft store.

DIY-Painted-Succulent-Pots

After painting the pots white I diluted my blue paint by mixing in a bit of the white paint. I painted a thick stripe around the pot then let it dry. Once it was dry to the touch I added a second stripe a bit lower down on the pot with a richer blue shade (I achieved this by adding less white paint to the blue.) The final stripe was the true blue color (no white added.)

While this is not a true dip-dyed pot, the effect is similar. I loved the way they turned out and how they add a bit of color and cheer to our living room.

If you make these yourself make sure to #beautyandblooms so I can see your photos!

DIY-Painted-Succulent-Pots

Advertisements

Entry filed under: How To. Tags: , , .

Homemade Star Croutons Nutella Stuffed Puffles

7 Comments Add your own

• 1. Hello, Scarlett Blog  |  April 8, 2015 at 8:47 AM

What a lovely DIY post! Your succulents look incredibly healthy in their new pots!

💗
    Emory
    helloscarlettblog.com

• 2. sjbreunig  |  April 8, 2015 at 9:04 AM

Yes, they are quite happy to have a bit more room to grow! Glad you enjoyed the post:)

• 3. Molly  |  April 8, 2015 at 12:51 PM

This is a lovely take a boring terra cotta pot! It’s great to have the dip-dyed effect, but have more control of the outcome with the paintbrush.

• 4. sjbreunig  |  April 8, 2015 at 1:46 PM

Yes, I agree! They are a bit more fun than a brown pot:)

• 5. mellissaa  |  April 13, 2015 at 9:47 PM

Ah I love these so much! I’m going to find a little succulent like this and dress it up in a dip dyed pot for my new place when I move out! Can’t wait.

• 6. sjbreunig  |  April 13, 2015 at 10:37 PM

I love how plants can cheer up a space! I’m sure a little succulent will perfect in your new place!! Have fun moving:)

• 7. 20 DIY Mini Painted Pots  |  June 24, 2016 at 7:00 AM

[…] Trevey   16 Offbeat & Inspired   17 Tell Love and Party   18 Pastels and Macarons   19 Beauty and Blooms   20 DIY […]