Gasp all you want, but I just hopped on the granola bandwagon. I know, I know. Granola has been around forever, but I was never really a huge fan. I’ve boiled this down to the fact that granola is often paired with yogurt – a food item that is not on the top of my list.
Recently, I had the realization that granola isn’t married to yogurt. I could nibble on it as a snack or pour myself a bowl with almond milk for breakfast. This was a huge turning point in my relationship with granola! Now I find myself daydreaming about breakfast when I can munch on another bowl.
There are endless variations of granola, but my favorite has been this Peanut Butter Granola. The ingredients are simple, but the flavor is rich and creamy. If you have more of a sweet tooth, you could sprinkle in mini chocolate chips and snack on this as an afternoon treat!
Peanut Butter Granola
- ½ c. peanut butter
- ¼ c. honey
- ¼ c. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 5 C. rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350˙ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a small pan, heat peanut butter, honey and maple syrup until melted
- Remove from heat and add in vanilla, cinnamon and oats
- Stir until the oats are evenly coated the spread onto baking tray
- Bake for 20 minutes, take out tray and stir oats, then bake for an additional 15 minutes
- Remove tray from the oven and set aside to cool
- Store in an airtight container