My parents have a sprawling rhubarb patch and they are kind enough to share the wealth. I’m a sucker for a good rhubarb loaf, but this year I chose to use my first bundle of rhubarb to test out a new recipe – rhubarb compote!
One of the perks of rhubarb compote is its versatility. You can add a dollop on ice cream, cheesecake or in this case – a yogurt bowl! Sprinkled with granola, this rhubarb yogurt bowl is something you can look forward to as you drag yourself out of bed in the morning.
Rhubarb Crumble Yogurt Bowl
- 4 C. rhubarb, chopped
- 2 Tbs. honey
- ¼ C. water
- ¾ C. vanilla greek yogurt
- 4 Tbs. granola
- Over medium heat stir together the rhubarb, honey and water in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Cover and let the mixture simmer for five minute.
- Uncover the pan and allow the rhubarb to soften further for another five minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the compote cool
- In a bowl add the greek yogurt and top with the rhubarb compote and granola. If you prefer a sweeter taste, add a drizzle of honey on top and enjoy!