It may be a delayed spring cleaning effect or I’ve been watching too many “Fixer Upper” episodes, but I’ve been in a redecorating mood. I replaced a few pieces of art around the apartment and loved how they brought a new energy to the space.
By this point Ian was starting to get nervous. When would the madness end?! Would I make him get rid of his beloved movie posters?! (The answer: No, they are safe..for now.) So I decided to bring him in on the redecorating action. We stopped by the hardware store, bought a saw and 2×8, and started working on this quick and easy DIY rustic kitchen sign.
Surprisingly, this only took half an hour to make start to finish. It is a fun, inexpensive way to add a bit of rustic charm to your kitchen. Here’s how you can join the redecorating fun!
Rustic Farm Fresh DIY Kitchen Sign
- One 2×8 piece of wood
- Hand saw
- Sand paper
- Measuring tape
- White acrylic paint
- Gray acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Measure out 2ft and mark it on your piece of wood
- Using the hand saw, cut along the 2ft mark
- Sand down the ends of the wood until the rough edges are smoothed
- Mix the white acrylic paint with water using a 1:1 ratio
- Paint over the wood until you reach your desired stain (I like to see the grain of the wood show through, so I used two coats)
- Once the paint has dried, use a thin paint brush to hand paint the saying of your choice. Don’t worry about being too precise, I feel little imperfections add to the rustic charm of this DIY.
- Let dry and display in your home!