My cozy evening staples include a furry blanket, fuzzy socks, and a calming candle. Combine those elements with a good book or bubble bath and you are set for a relaxing night. I may have a slight obsession with candles (I have a dedicated cupboard just for their storage) and I’m often found in the candle aisle at TJ Maxx or Target smelling new scents.
I’ve dabbled around with making my own candles at home, but I never tried scenting them with essential oils. When I was visiting my parents a few weeks ago I raided my mom’s craft supplies and came back with enough soy wax to make two mason jar candles. I picked two Eden’s Garden oil blends: stay alert and harmony.
I’ve been lighting a candle on my desk while I work and I’ve enjoyed the light, uplifting scent each of these gives off. With a bit of ribbon, these would be cute gifts to give friends and family members!
- Soy wax melts
- Candle wicks
- Clean Jars
- Essential Oil(s)
- Clean out the containers you will be using for the candles
- Melt enough soy wax melts on medium heat to fill the number of candles you want to make
- Once the wax has melted, add drops of essential oil until you reach your preferred scent strength
- Place a wick in the middle of each candle container and slowly pour in the melted wax
- Let cool and trim the wicks if needed