Anyone else astounded at the price of gourmet sweets? Maybe I was spoiled living near a reasonably priced chocolatier over the last four years, but after we moved to Milwaukee I noticed a sizable price jump in handcrafted treats. I love to support local shops, but I knew I could recreate these dark chocolate trail mix bites at home for a fraction of what they would charge me in store.
Besides being cost-savvy, these dark chocolate trail mix bites only take a few minutes to assemble. The hardest part is waiting for the chocolate to set before popping one in your mouth! They embody the irresistible salty + sweet combo that make eating just one difficult. Since these sweet treats are easy to make in a pinch, it only makes sense to keep the ingredients in your cupboard in case of a late night chocolate craving…
Dark Chocolate Trail Mix Bites
- 10 oz. Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 1 C. Assorted nuts
- 1/4 C. Dried cherries
- Place half of the dark chocolate melting wafers in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 15 second intervals, stirring in between sessions, until melted. Add in the rest of the chocolate wafers and stir until all the chocolate has melted.
- Spoon small dollops of chocolate out on a piece of wax paper.
- Top chocolate with nut mix and dried cherries.
- Let the chocolate set before transferring the trail mix bites to an airtight container.