I never considered myself an early riser, but I’m a creature of habit. Even though my alarm is turned off on the weekends, I still wake up around the same time as a work-day. This has created a few hours of solitude in the morning as Ian has no trouble sleeping in!
I fill this time with bubble baths, diving into a book or spoiling Ian with a warm breakfast. Over the weekend I chose the latter and puttered around the kitchen testing out a new recipe – Pumpkin Spice French Toast! The spices are mild, but the warm flavors still come through with every bite.
Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- 2 eggs
- ½ C. almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 6 slices of bread
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and spices
- Pour into a shallow bowl and dip each slice of bread into the mixture until each side is evenly coated
- Place the bread on a heated skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until the bread is golden brown
- Flip and cook the other side until golden brown
- Drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy!