During the week my breakfast consists of a bowl of cereal. Not that impressive, but I try to make up for my lack of variety over the weekend when I have more time to spare.
Last weekend I was craving french toast so I whipped up a batch. Normally I would just drizzle a bit of maple syrup on top and call it a day, but I felt a bit more adventurous this morning. I had leftover whipped cream in the fridge and I thought it would be a shame for it to go to waste. Right?!
A handful of raspberries later, I had a bowl of raspberry whipped cream. Pure heaven! Topped with fresh berries and a sprinkle of powdered sugar, I dug into my breakfast. French toast craving = satisfied!
Raspberry Whipped Cream French Toast
- Thick cut bread
- 1/4 C milk
- 1 egg
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbs powdered sugar
- 1/2 C raspberries
- Whisk the egg and milk in a shallow bowl until well combined
- Dip the bread into the milk/egg mixture, making sure each side is evenly coated
- Place on a hot skillet and cook until each side is golden
- Whip the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form
- Gently crush the raspberries and fold them into the whipped cream
- Plate the french toast and top with whipped cream
- Sprinkle on a handful of fresh berries and powdered sugar if desired