Beet Chips

March 9, 2016 at 2:00 AM 8 comments

Beet Chips

Honestly, I had never eaten a beet besides a little taste-test nibble of my mom’s homemade pickled beets. After reading numerous articles raving about the health benefits of beets, I decided it was time I give the root vegetable another chance. I started off slow by adding them to our green juice (now referred to as “pink juice”) then I felt ready to go one step further and make beet chips!

Beet Chips

I burnt my first batch, but thankfully the smoke alarm didn’t go off! I felt a bit silly that I had messed up, but I didn’t let it defeat me and I tried again. With a close eye on the oven, I finally achieved a crispy (not burnt!) batch of beet chips.

Beet Chips

Paired with a creamy yogurt ranch dip these chips will disappear in no time! They are a delicious side dish to add to your dinner rotation and a great way to increase your consumption of beets! Enjoy!

Beet Chips

Ingredients:

• 2-3 Beets
  • 2 Tbs olive oil
  • Pinch of sea salt

Directions:

• Wash the beets and cut their stems off
  • Slice the beets into thin strips using a knife or mandolin
  • Toss beets slices with olive oil
  • Spread out evenly on a baking sheet
  • Sprinkle with salt
  • Bake at 350˚ for 15-20 minutes (keep an eye on them)
  • Let cool on a wire rack then serve
Advertisements

Entry filed under: Food. Tags: , , , .

Titletown Turkey Club Brownies with Guinness Whipped Cream

8 Comments Add your own

• 1. Thehungryballer  |  March 9, 2016 at 2:07 AM

I love beet ! And this recipe looks absolutely delicious !

• 2. sjbreunig  |  March 9, 2016 at 10:11 AM

I’m slowly experimenting with beet recipes, but this one has been one of my favorites! I mean, who wouldn’t love a chip?! They are addicting!

• 3. Thehungryballer  |  March 9, 2016 at 1:44 PM

Yeah Right ! Eagerly awaiting another ‘beetyful’ delight from you 😉

• 4. kenziek1980  |  March 9, 2016 at 2:07 PM

I love beets, but I like them nice and warm and steamed! I’v never had beet chips before but they sound yummy! 🙂
    x Kenzie
    Kenzieblogslife.blogspot.com

• 5. sjbreunig  |  March 9, 2016 at 3:05 PM

I’ve never tried them steamed before! Do you add any seasoning or do you just eat them plain? I might have to try this out soon!

• 6. kenziek1980  |  March 14, 2016 at 8:18 PM

Usually just pepper and salt! I really enjoy the taste but I guess you can just play around with it as well! 🙂

• 7. Trang Do  |  March 9, 2016 at 10:24 PM

Looks so yummy! Love these beet chips!
    Hugs,
    Love from http://www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

• 8. sjbreunig  |  March 10, 2016 at 10:54 AM

Thanks, Trang! I hope you are having a wonderful Thursday!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

Instagram

“I will hold myself to a standard or grace not perfection” -Emily Ley PB&J's aren't just for lunch anymore. Head over to the blog to learn how you can incorporate this flavor combination into your breakfast! (Link in profile) Walked past the local pool tonight all bundled up in our snow gear and dreamed about summer days filled with sunscreen and lemonade. These essential oil shower steamers will take your daily routine to the next level. Head over to the blog to find out how you can make them at home! (Link in profile)