As a child St.Patrick’s Day was spent scouring through the grass looking for a leprechaun or four leaf clover. While I still keep my eye peeled for these magical treasures, I wanted to add an element of “adulthood” to this year’s celebration.
A few weeks back, when Ian and I were out to dinner, our menu listed a chocolate brownie with Guinness whipped cream. A light bulb went on in my head and I knew this would be the perfect dessert for St. Patrick’s Day! I have never acquired the taste of beer, but this whipped cream is delicious! The Guinness flavor is delightfully paired with the sweetness of the whipped cream – then you add in the boldness of the chocolate brownie and you are in taste bud heaven!
And the best part? You can simplify the baking process by using a boxed brownie mix. Once you top it off with the Guinness whipped cream no one will know the wiser! They will be left scraping every last morsel off their plate and raving about your gourmet baking skills.
Brownies with Guinness Whipped Cream
- Brownie Mix (and the listed additives – eggs, water, etc)
- 1 C. heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbs. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbs. Guinness
- Bake the brownies according to the box
- Let cool and set aside
- Combine the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and Guinness and beat with a mixer until stiff peaks form
- Plate the brownies and top with whipped cream before serving