On our flight home from our honeymoon Ian and I watched The Chef. It was a light-hearted movie that helped pass the time and left us craving a cuban sandwich.
Fast-forward to a few months later when we were out on a date and the menu listed a cuban sandwich. Ian and I had never tried one before, but after that in-flight movie we knew we had to add it to our order! Since that night Ian and I have fallen in love with cubans! The sweet barbeque sauce is offset with a slice of salty ham garnished with a tangy pickle.
Here is how you can make on of these delicious sandwiches at home:
- Butter two slices of thick cut bread
- On the opposite side of the bread spread yellow mustard
- Pile bbq pork onto one of the slices of bread, mustard side up (make it easy and buy this premade)
- Layer provolone cheese, a thick slice of cooked ham and two dill pickles on top
- Close the sandwich with the mustard side down
- Brown on a griddle or sandwich press
2 thoughts on “Cuban Sandwich”
Was just about to look for a cuban recipe because of that movie!
Right?! I don’t know how you can watch the movie & not crave a cuban sandwich! Luckily, they are pretty easy to make at home:)