Ian has a sweet spot for a good cheese plate. When we were living in Madison we would wake up early on Saturday mornings to hit up the farmer’s market for a block of aged cheddar. For an easy appetizer, I would slice it up on a platter with grapes, apples, and crackers – it was always a big hit with Ian…and his roommates!
Interested in expanding my appetizer repertoire, I scoured Pinterest for recipe inspiration. I scrolled across this recipe for homemade Chili Infused Honey and knew I found a winner! Boulder Locavore’s recipe is simple, but the result is a delicious honey with a subtle chili punch. Packaged with a mini honey dipper this would make a “sweet” hostess gift! (See what I did there?!)
While this chili infused honey can be incorporated into endless recipes, I chose to drizzle it over these Avocado Bacon Crostini. The combination resulted in a salty + sweet + spicy appetizer. Definitely a winner!
Avocado Bacon Crostini with Chili Infused Honey
- Olive Oil
- Feta cheese crumbles
- 1 Avocado, sliced into cubes
- 6 Strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3 Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese Triangles
- 1 French baguette
- Chili Infued Honey: Visit Boulder Locavore’s website for the recipe!
- Preheat your oven to 350˙
- Cut the french baguette in even 1/2 inch slices and place on a baking sheet
- Drizzle the baguette slices with olive oil and slice the baking sheet into the oven
- After 5 minutes take the baking sheet out of the over and flip each crostini. Bake for an additional 3 minutes
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and let the crostini cool
- Spread the Laughing Cow cheese over each slice and top with avocado, bacon, and feta cheese crumbles
- Drizzle with Chili Infused Honey and serve