I’m preparing myself for a heated debate, but I think it is a crime that they start selling pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks in August. Maybe it’s just because I’m in denial that summer is coming to an end, but I don’t see the appeal of rushing from one season the next. Unless that season is winter. It’s no secret that I hate winter…
Back to more important things – pumpkin spice. Now that we have reached the middle of September, I’m on board with adding a few fall touches around the home and pulling out my fall spice blends. Bring on nutmeg, clove, and cinnamon! There is something about a slight chill in the air to make me want to curl up in a blanket, drink hot apple cider, and indulge in a sweet treat. This time around, I treated us to a batch of baked pumpkin spice donuts with maple glaze.
These pumpkin spice donuts are a great treat to bring to a school function, office party, or weekend brunch. They are quick and easy to make, but give the impression that you are a baking goddess. Homemade donuts?! How do you find the time!
It will be our little secret that they are just as easy as making a batch of cupcakes!
Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts with Maple Glaze
For the donuts
- 1 C. flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 C. pumpkin puree
- 1/4 C. honey
- 1/4 C. almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the glaze
- 2 C. powdered sugar
- 4 Tbs maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375˚ and butter the donut tin
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, honey, almond milk, egg and vanilla extract together.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Spoon the donut mixture into a ziplock bag and snip one corner off. Use this bag to pipe the mixture into the donut tin.
- Place donuts in the oven to bake for 15-18 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking mix together the powdered sugar and maple syrup to form the glaze.
- Once the donuts are out of the oven and have had a chance to cool down, spread an even layer of maple glaze on each donut.
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon on top and serve!