I admit, summer has made me berry obsessed. With farmer’s markets and grocery stores overflowing with seasonal produce, I’ve been tempted to try new recipes and incorporate berries into as many things as I can. While berry bruschetta is not new to the foodie scene, this was my first taste of a nontraditional bruschetta!
On their own, I like everything in this recipe. Therefore, I was surprised that I was hesitant to take the first bite. Any doubt I had quickly vanished once I tried the berry bruschetta and I soon was reaching for another piece. The flavors are light and fresh, perfect for a summer picnic or backyard BBQ. If you are looking for something to satisfy your chocolate cravings, this recipe can easily be modified by swapping out the Greek yogurt spread with Nutella!
- French baguette
- 1 C. plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbs. honey
- 2 C. fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc)
- Preheat oven to 400˚
- Slice baguette into 1/2 inch thick slices and lay onto a backing sheet
- Place in the oven on the top rack and toast for 5 minutes then remove and let cool
- Mix the Greek yogurt with honey and spread a thin layer on top of each piece of toast
- Top with berries and add a drizzle of honey before serving