I’m guilty of turning Costco runs into date night. Anyone else with me? I mean, the array of samples they offer on the weekend could be the equivalent of going to tapas bar. Am I right! On our last trip, I was intrigued by a large box of Kodiak Cakes mix. I’m usually not a fan of protein powders as they leave a chalky taste in my mouth, but I decided to give this cake mix a go.
Pancakes were my first attempt seeing as the mix is advertised as flapjack and waffle mix. I was surprised on how fluffy they turned out and quickly became a fan. Since the pancakes worked out so well, I thought I would push my baking luck and try a muffin recipe. They came out of the oven smelling like a fall day and almost made me wish the leaves were changing color outside. Luckily, regardless of the season, these protein packed muffins are prefect for breakfast on the go.
Cinnamon Apple Protein Muffins
- 1/2 C. chopped walnuts
- 1/4 C. brown sugar
- 2 C. Kodiak Cakes mix
- 1 C. milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C. honey
- 1/2 C. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbs. cinnamon
- 1 C. apple, chopped
For the streusel:
- Add 1/4 C. walnuts, 3 Tbs. brown sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon in bowl and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place liners in a muffin tin.
- Mix muffin ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins until 2/3 full.
- Top with strudel mixture and bake in the oven for14-18 minutes.