Farmer’s market season is in full swing and there is nothing I love more than to wake up early on a Saturday to wander through stalls of fresh produce. My market basket never comes home with the same items each week as I’m slowly eating my way through each vendor’s delicious goods. A few weeks back it was Greek pastries, followed by spring salad mix and then this week’s find – blueberries!
While I could have happily eaten my way through the pint, I set a handful aside to bake a batch of blueberry crumble coffee cake muffins. I’m not usually a huge muffin fan, but I had a craving hit me recently and this recipe hit the spot! Paired with a cup of tea, this breakfast almost was enough to make me want to jump out of bed in the morning instead of hitting the snooze button.
Blueberry Crumble Coffee Cake Muffins
- 2 C. flour
- 1 ¼ Tbs. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C. honey
- 1 eggs
- 1 ½ C. plain yogurt
- 1/4 C. milk
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 C. fresh blueberries
- 1/4 C. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- 1/2 C. milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place baking liners into the muffin tray
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture using a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles an oatmeal texture.
- Remove 1 C. of the flour mixture and combine it in a bowl with the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Slowly combine the wet ingredients in with the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Gently stir in 1/4 C. of the crumble mixture and add in the blueberries.
- Fill the muffin tins 3/4 of the way full, top with the crumble mixture and place in the oven.
- Bake until a toothpick can be inserted into a muffin and come out clean (around 20-25 minutes)
- Pull the muffins out of the oven and let cool.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients until smooth and drizzle over the muffins.
- Let the glaze set and then serve!