It’s no secret I’m a lover of bubble baths. I used to get giddy around the holidays just to see what new bath bombs Lush brought out and loved trying new products. Therefore, you can understand the convincing Ian had to do in order for me to move into an apartment – without a bathtub! I went through a period of mourning, but have since adapted my “pamper night routine” to be shower-friendly.
While I no longer can soak beneath the multicolored foam of a Lush bath bomb, I can still enjoy uplifting scents while I shower. Sadly, these shower steamers don’t come covered in glitter or release flower petals, but they get the job done. When placed in your shower they gently fizz and dissolve as they release the scent of essential oils. They are the perfect addition to your daily routine, pamper night, or with the right oils – a natural remedy for a stuffy nose.
Essential Oil Shower Steamers
- 2 C. baking soda
- 1 C. citric acid
- 1 C. cornstarch
- 2-3 Tbs. water
- Essential oils of your choice
- Line muffin tins with paper casings
- Mix together the baking soda, citric acid and cornstarch. Add one tablespoon of water at a time until the mixture reaches a snowball consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins and set aside over night.
- Store the shower steamers in an airtight container.
- Add 1-2 drops of essential oil on the shower steamer before use. Place away from the direct stream of water and enjoy!