Anyone else struggle finding Halloween decorations for their home? I find they are either too scary or childish for my liking. Therefore, most years I skip decorating all together or simply sprinkle a few pumpkins throughout our home. This year I was inspired to step up my décor game and made these easy DIY Halloween succulent planters to add a “spooky” element to our home.
Everytime I glance at one of these planters I catch myself smiling. That’s the whole point of holiday décor, right?! To bring joy into your home. Therefore, I’m glad I didn’t try to push myself into buying the skulls, bats, or creepy severed hand candy bowls that line the shopping aisles. Instead, I will enjoy my mini glitter pumpkins and googly-eyed planters. To learn how to make these planters at home, follow the instructions below!
Halloween Succulent Planters
- Plant pot
- Matte white paint
- Paint brush
- Potting dirt
- Small succulent
- Googly eyes
- Elmers glue
- On a covered surface, apply the first coat of white paint
- Let dry and apply an additional coat of paint
- Repeat until desired opacity is achieved
- Glue two googly eyes to the front of the planter and set aside
- Once the glue has set, plant your succulent and enjoy!