Gone are the days where Ian could wake up, hop on his bike and be at work in 10 minutes. Since we moved to Milwaukee, he has been adjusting to something foreign – a morning commute! This has meant walking up earlier to budget enough time to endure the morning rush hour and still make it to work by 8 a.m. Being the worrier I am, I was nervous that he would skip breakfast in order to get a few more minutes of shut eye. Therefore, I began brainstorming quick grab-and-go breakfast options I could prepare the night before.
Pancakes are usually a weekend treat for us, but these mini pancake poppers are perfect for a busy morning. I made a big batch on Sunday night so we would have enough to last the week. Divided up into small containers, these mini pancakes can be easily thrown in a lunch bag and heated up at work. Who said morning had to be difficult?! With a small bit of preperation you can have a relaxing morning and a full belly – even during the work week!
- 1 C. Bisquick
- 3/4 C. water
- 1/2 C. chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a mini muffin tin
- Mix together the Bisquick and water until the batter is smooth
- Fold in the chocolate chips and spoon batter into muffin tins
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until tops are slightly golden
- Let cool and store in the fridge