Guys! This recipe is an instant favorite! I had never heard of Chai Mules before, but once I learned about this fun take on classic oatmeal I had to try it out! So what is a Chai Mule you may ask? Its oatmeal made with chai tea instead of milk or water. Yes, it’s a simple ingredient swap, but it makes all the difference!
After filling my kitchen with the sweet, spicy scent of chai tea, I pulled the oatmeal off the stove and poured it into a bowl. I couldn’t wait for it to full cool down before giving it a taste, so while savoring my first bite I also burnt my mouth…not ideal! But when something smells that good, can you blame a girl?!
- ¾ C. oatmeal
- 1 C. chai tea
- 2 Tbs. maples syrup
- Bring the chai tea to a simmer on the stove
- Stir in the oatmeal and reduce to a medium heat
- Continue to stir the oatmeal on the stove for 2-3 minutes
- Remove from heat and let it cool slightly
- Stir in the maple syrup and enjoy!