Strawberry Smoothie Bowl

April 4, 2016 at 2:00 AM 5 comments

Strawberry Smoothie Bowl

The antioxidant packed acai bowl experienced its five seconds of fame on Instagram this year. I have a sneaking suspicion this breakfast item was ordered for its photogenic quality than its health benefits – but I’m not here to judge! Who wouldn’t want a beautifully presented breakfast?

Strawberry Smoothie Bowl

This phenomenon made me brainstorm what other breakfast items I could transform into works of art. I settled on a strawberry smoothie bowl. It follows the same foundation as an acai bowl: pour smoothie in a bowl + sprinkle with delicious toppings. Bonus: the smoothie is a cheerful pink color. (Note: This would be perfect for breakfast on Valentine’s Day!)

Strawberry Smoothie Bowl

Strawberry Smoothie Bowl

Ingredients:

• 1/2 C. vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 C. milk
  • Handful of fresh cut strawberries
  • Toppings of choice

Recipe:

• Blend the Greek yogurt, milk, and strawberries until smooth. Add more milk/yogurt to get your desired consistency
  • Pour into a bowl and sprinkle with the toppings of your choice. (I went with strawberries, granola, and goji berries)
Advertisements

Entry filed under: Food. Tags: , , , .

DIY Tea Towels Avocado Bacon Crostini with Chili Infused Honey

5 Comments Add your own

• 1. Carmen  |  April 5, 2016 at 12:50 PM

You’re right, I could certainly see this as a sweet Valentine’s Day breakfast. :]

// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

• 2. sjbreunig  |  April 5, 2016 at 2:11 PM

It’s never too early to start thinking about Valentine’s Day, right?! Glad you enjoyed the post, Carmen! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

• 3. krisztinawilliams  |  April 5, 2016 at 4:24 PM

Yum!! That looks delicious. I love anything with strawberries!

~Krisztina

• 4. sjbreunig  |  April 5, 2016 at 4:28 PM

I agree, Kristztina! The more strawberries the better:) I’m looking forward to incorporating them into more recipes so stay tuned!

• 5. missemilyrosexo  |  April 14, 2016 at 3:23 AM

Looks amazing!! 😍 Definitely will try this!

https://emilyrosedotcom.WordPress.com – I’m new to this, so if you could check out my blog and give me a follow, that would mean so much to me! ❤