Strawberry Smoothie Bowl

April 4, 2016 at 2:00 AM 5 comments

Strawberry Smoothie Bowl

The antioxidant packed acai bowl experienced its five seconds of fame on Instagram this year. I have a sneaking suspicion this breakfast item was ordered for its photogenic quality than its health benefits – but I’m not here to judge! Who wouldn’t want a beautifully presented breakfast?

Strawberry Smoothie Bowl

This phenomenon made me brainstorm what other breakfast items I could transform into works of art. I settled on a strawberry smoothie bowl. It follows the same foundation as an acai bowl: pour smoothie in a bowl + sprinkle with delicious toppings. Bonus: the smoothie is a cheerful pink color. (Note: This would be perfect for breakfast on Valentine’s Day!)

Strawberry Smoothie Bowl

Strawberry Smoothie Bowl

Ingredients:

• 1/2 C. vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 C. milk
  • Handful of fresh cut strawberries
  • Toppings of choice

Recipe:

• Blend the Greek yogurt, milk, and strawberries until smooth. Add more milk/yogurt to get your desired consistency
  • Pour into a bowl and sprinkle with the toppings of your choice. (I went with strawberries, granola, and goji berries)
Advertisements

Entry filed under: Food. Tags: , , , .

DIY Tea Towels Avocado Bacon Crostini with Chili Infused Honey

5 Comments Add your own

• 1. Carmen  |  April 5, 2016 at 12:50 PM

You’re right, I could certainly see this as a sweet Valentine’s Day breakfast. :]

// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

• 2. sjbreunig  |  April 5, 2016 at 2:11 PM

It’s never too early to start thinking about Valentine’s Day, right?! Glad you enjoyed the post, Carmen! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

• 3. krisztinawilliams  |  April 5, 2016 at 4:24 PM

Yum!! That looks delicious. I love anything with strawberries!

~Krisztina

• 4. sjbreunig  |  April 5, 2016 at 4:28 PM

I agree, Kristztina! The more strawberries the better:) I’m looking forward to incorporating them into more recipes so stay tuned!

• 5. missemilyrosexo  |  April 14, 2016 at 3:23 AM

Looks amazing!! 😍 Definitely will try this!

https://emilyrosedotcom.WordPress.com – I’m new to this, so if you could check out my blog and give me a follow, that would mean so much to me! ❤

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

Instagram

“I will hold myself to a standard or grace not perfection” -Emily Ley PB&J's aren't just for lunch anymore. Head over to the blog to learn how you can incorporate this flavor combination into your breakfast! (Link in profile) Walked past the local pool tonight all bundled up in our snow gear and dreamed about summer days filled with sunscreen and lemonade. These essential oil shower steamers will take your daily routine to the next level. Head over to the blog to find out how you can make them at home! (Link in profile)