At the end of the week the mere thought of going out and fighting the crowds or scouring for a parking spot can tempt you to cancel your evening plans. To compromise, plan a casual movie night at home! You can snuggle up with blankets and enjoy hanging out with your friends or loved one. Here are five of my favorite movie night essentials.
- Popcorn: What is a movie night without popcorn?! I love to pop my own kernels with an air popper. With a light spray of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt this treat is ready for munching!
- Twizzlers: I’m team Twizzlers, but Redvines will do. (Any Parks & Rec fans out there?)
- M&Ms: It may just be due to laziness, but I love to sprinkle a few M&Ms into my popcorn. It’s sweet + salty heaven!
- Junior Mints: These have been a movie-going favorite of mine since I was little! Ian is a Bunch-a-Crunch fan, so sometimes I mix it up and forgo the nostalgia for him.
- Cream Soda: We don’t keep soda in the house, so this may be the biggest treat on movie night! A local shop down the road stocks cream soda, so when we host a movie night we make sure to pick up a few bottles!
What are your favorite movie night snacks?