If there is a way to sneak chocolate into breakfast, I’m on board! I’ve spoken about my love of the chocolate and orange flavor pairing, therefore, I’m shocked it took me so long to come up with this muffin recipe. Even with the few dark chocolate chips thrown into the batter, these muffins lean on the healthier side so you don’t need to feel guilty treating yourself to something sweet.
If you want to enjoy the “right out of the oven” pleasure each time you tuck into one of the muffins, just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds. When they come out they will be nice and warm with slightly melted chips. Perfection – am I right?!
If you have never indulged in a Jaffa cake or a Terry’s chocolate orange, let these muffins be your first step on your orange chocolate journey. Trust me, you won’t regret it! Follow the simple recipe below to enjoy these at home!
Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 C flour
- 1/3 C honey
- 1 C dark chocolate chips
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C orange juice
- 1/4 C coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbs orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line muffin tin with liners.
- In a mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Slowly add in the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until well combined
- Spoon the muffin mixture into the tins until they are 2/3 full
- Bake in the oven for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving