There’s nothing better than coming home and being greeted by a furry friend. Ian and I are still dog-less, but that doesn’t mean we don’t get our fair share of cuddles from our family members’ pets. This month we celebrate the newest four-legged family member, Poppy’s, one year birthday!
I decided this was the ideal occasion to test out homemade dog treat recipes. I whipped together some dog-friendly ingredients and crossed my fingers that they would turn out. To my surprise, the first batch was a success! Luckily, this recipe is easy to follow and uses ingredients that are likely to be in your pantry already. Therefore, it’s perfect for dog owners who want to spoil their pets without having to make a trip to a specialty food store. Cue the tail wagging!
Peanut Butter and Banana Dog Treats
- 3/4 C rolled oats
- 1/4 C peanut butter
- 1/4 C flour
- 1 banana, smashed
- Preheat oven to 350˙
- Mix peanut butter and banana in a bowl until smooth
- Add in the rolled oats and flour and stir until well combined
- Sprinkle flour on your surface and roll out the dough to be roughly 1/2 inch thick
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out dog treats
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes
- Let cool and store in an airtight container