With the sun going down later in the evening, we like to end our nights out on the patio. While Ian likes to crack open a cold beer while we watch the sunset, I often opt for a glass of lemon water. Lately, I’ve wanted to spice things up and thought I would try and recreate a refreshing summer drink I found at a local restaurant – Strawberry Basil Lemonade.
This drink does not require an excess amount of work and makes a simple store bought lemonade feel indulgent. It can be a bit sweet, depending on your taste, so you can water down the lemonade by adding a few more cups of water than instructed.
Once you pour yourself a glass, you are ready to sit back and relax. It’s a refreshing drink to enjoy on a warm summer night and would be the perfect addition to any social gathering. Insider tip: with a splash of vodka this doubles as a delicious adult summer cocktail!
Strawberry Basil Lemonade:
- 1 can of pink lemonade concentrate
- 52 fl oz water
- 1 C. strawberries, sliced
- Handful of fresh basil
- Thaw the pink lemonade concentrate and add in the water. Stir to combine.
- Muddle two basil leaves in a glass and top with pink lemonade.
- Add in a handful of sliced strawberries and enjoy!