Strawberry S’mores

June 20, 2016 at 2:00 AM 6 comments

Strawberry S'mores

Best way to end a summer night? Roasting marshmallows by a fire and making s’mores! This was by far one of my favorite things to do growing up. My whole family loves s’mores and if we were having a fire before my Dad was done milking cows, one of us would run a s’more down to the barn for him to enjoy.

Strawberry S'mores

Now that Ian and I live in an apartment, our s’more days are limited to when we visit my family. To make these evenings even more special, I tried my hand at making my own marshmallows. I experimented with a few flavor infusions and settled on these strawberry swirl marshmallows!

Strawberry S'mores

Once they are lightly toasted and sandwiched between a piece of chocolate and two graham crackers you can dive into a delicious s’more that tastes like a chocolate covered strawberry. Pure perfection! Just be warned, they can be a bit messy!

To make your own strawberry swirl marshmallows at home, follow this recipe. Once you have the marshmallow batter poured out into your container, dollop a few spoonfuls of strawberry jelly on top and drag a wooden kabob skewer through the batter to create a swirl effect.

Advertisements

Entry filed under: Food. Tags: , , , , .

Laid Back Picnic Guide Morel Mushroom Flatbread

6 Comments Add your own

• 1. Kenzie (@Kenziedear22)  |  June 20, 2016 at 3:53 PM

These look SO delicious! I’m honestly bored of regular marshmallows, I can’t wait to see how these work! 🙂
    x Kenzie // Kenzieblogslife.blogspot.com

• 2. sjbreunig  |  June 20, 2016 at 9:17 PM

Thanks, Kenzie! This recipe is easily modified so you can have fun playing around with different flavor combinations!

• 3. aheartyjourney  |  June 20, 2016 at 4:48 PM

Strawberries marshmallows sound so good!

• 4. sjbreunig  |  June 20, 2016 at 9:11 PM

Yes! They are delicious and quite easy to make. Total win, win!

• 5. Molly  |  June 26, 2016 at 5:40 PM

Oh my gosh I want to go make these right now!! They sound and look AMAZING!

• 6. sjbreunig  |  June 27, 2016 at 11:26 AM

Thanks, Molly! These homemade marshmallows are a fun twist on the traditional s’more:) I’m glad you enjoyed the post! Have a great Monday!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

Instagram

“I will hold myself to a standard or grace not perfection” -Emily Ley PB&J's aren't just for lunch anymore. Head over to the blog to learn how you can incorporate this flavor combination into your breakfast! (Link in profile) Walked past the local pool tonight all bundled up in our snow gear and dreamed about summer days filled with sunscreen and lemonade. These essential oil shower steamers will take your daily routine to the next level. Head over to the blog to find out how you can make them at home! (Link in profile)