Strawberry S’mores

June 20, 2016 at 2:00 AM 6 comments

Strawberry S'mores

Best way to end a summer night? Roasting marshmallows by a fire and making s’mores! This was by far one of my favorite things to do growing up. My whole family loves s’mores and if we were having a fire before my Dad was done milking cows, one of us would run a s’more down to the barn for him to enjoy.

Strawberry S'mores

Now that Ian and I live in an apartment, our s’more days are limited to when we visit my family. To make these evenings even more special, I tried my hand at making my own marshmallows. I experimented with a few flavor infusions and settled on these strawberry swirl marshmallows!

Strawberry S'mores

Once they are lightly toasted and sandwiched between a piece of chocolate and two graham crackers you can dive into a delicious s’more that tastes like a chocolate covered strawberry. Pure perfection! Just be warned, they can be a bit messy!

To make your own strawberry swirl marshmallows at home, follow this recipe. Once you have the marshmallow batter poured out into your container, dollop a few spoonfuls of strawberry jelly on top and drag a wooden kabob skewer through the batter to create a swirl effect.

Advertisements

Entry filed under: Food. Tags: , , , , .

Laid Back Picnic Guide Morel Mushroom Flatbread

6 Comments Add your own

• 1. Kenzie (@Kenziedear22)  |  June 20, 2016 at 3:53 PM

These look SO delicious! I’m honestly bored of regular marshmallows, I can’t wait to see how these work! 🙂
    x Kenzie // Kenzieblogslife.blogspot.com

• 2. sjbreunig  |  June 20, 2016 at 9:17 PM

Thanks, Kenzie! This recipe is easily modified so you can have fun playing around with different flavor combinations!

• 3. aheartyjourney  |  June 20, 2016 at 4:48 PM

Strawberries marshmallows sound so good!

• 4. sjbreunig  |  June 20, 2016 at 9:11 PM

Yes! They are delicious and quite easy to make. Total win, win!

• 5. Molly  |  June 26, 2016 at 5:40 PM

Oh my gosh I want to go make these right now!! They sound and look AMAZING!

• 6. sjbreunig  |  June 27, 2016 at 11:26 AM

Thanks, Molly! These homemade marshmallows are a fun twist on the traditional s’more:) I’m glad you enjoyed the post! Have a great Monday!