Ever had a day where you are just craving something sweet? These no-bake cookie bars will be your saving grace! I swear! They are packed with whole ingredients and are refined sugar-free (a.k.a all the sweetness without the sugar crash). Total win!
When you bite into one of these cookie bars it is hard to believe that they are better for you than your average dessert. Plus the almond meal and peanut butter in this recipe help keep you full and satisfied. I honestly can’t rave about these bars enough!
No-Bake Cookie Bars
- 1.5 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3 Tbs maple syrup
- 2 Tbs melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbs peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt (or sea salt)
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs cacao powder
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Pulse the oatmeal in a food processor until it reaches a flour-like consistency.
- Add the oatmeal, almond flour, and salt into the bowl and mix until well combined.
- In a parchment lined pan, spread out the mixture and place in the fridge to cool for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix up the chocolate topping by melting the coconut oil in the microwave and adding the honey and cocao powder.
- Take the cookie bars out of the fridge and spread an even layer of the chocolate topping over the bars.
- Place the bars back in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!