Some people are masters at enjoying their alone time, but for those out there who are constantly on-the-go or prefer to surround yourself with others, being alone can be daunting. With Ian traveling a lot for work, I have discovers small ways to make the most of my time by myself.
- Watch a movie or TV show that your friends/partner don’t enjoy. For me, this means binge watching my guilty pleasure – The Kardashians.
- Sometimes we forget to slow down and treat ourselves, so take this time to pamper yourself! Light a few candles, run a bubble bath and put on an audio book.
- Clean house! Overtime clutter builds up so use this time to detox your space by going through all your drawers, cupboards, closets, etc. Gather up one pile for donation and one for trash. While this may feel like work, you will feel energized after your home is in tip-top shape!
- Get lost in a book. Reading is often a solitary activity and can easily get pushed to the side. Use your alone time to immerse yourself in a good book or catch up on your magazine reading.
- Indulge in one of your interests. Enjoy painting? Baking? Photography? Use this time to perfect your craft. Take a class, read an article or just have fun!
How do you like to enjoy your alone time?
One thought on “Five Ways to Enjoy Your Alone Time”
I love to do all of the things you listed plus crocheting and sewing! I love making myself a new blankie or dress, plus it is very stress relieving because I use up all of my nervous energy doing it!