Molly over at the Awfully Big Adventure blog was sweet enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award. This award was created to recognize new bloggers for their hard work and to encourage them to keep creating unique content.
A part of being nominated for the award includes answering the below questions along with nominating your choice of 10 blogs. So let’s get started!
1. How long have you been blogging?
While it seems like I just started this blog yesterday, I have been posting on this site for two years.
2. What or who serves as your blogging inspiration?
I find inspiration for blogging in daily life. I could be flipping through a magazine or see an item out shopping and it will spark a new idea for a blog post.
3. If you’re not in front of your computer writing a blog post, what can your fans find you doing to enjoy your free time?
My free time is precious, so I try to make the most of it! I love trying new restaurants in town, shopping at the farmers market, scouring thrift stores, riding my bike, and taking mini road trips.
4. Has there ever been a project or idea that didn’t go as planned? AKA, ant DIY disasters?
DIY disasters come with blogging territory! I think my biggest project fail was when I made cake pops and I didn’t wait long enough for them to cool. While I was staging the photos the cake pops started to slide down their sticks. I ended up having to make a whole new batch for the post.
5. Where do you see your blog in one year?
I hope to see my blog grow! I would love to hold meet ups and start collaborating posts with fellow bloggers to create unique content for our readers.
6. If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
Passonate, playful, creative.
7. If you could have anyone play you in a movie, who would it be and why?
I would have my sister play my role in a movie. We get mistaken as twins all the time, so she would look the part! But most of all, I would love to see her perception of me up on the big screen.
8. What is your favorite home purchase or project you ever made?
I love filling my home with greenery so this tea cup succulent is my favorite diy to date.
9. Any travel plans this year?
Yes! Ian and I have finally booked our honeymoon tickets! We are keeping our destination a secret for now…stay tuned for more details;)
10. What advice would you give to any new bloggers out there?
There is a lot on online hate, but the blogging community is a support system that can encourage you to keep writing! Stay strong and don’t get discouraged. We have all been there!
Here are the 10 blogs I am nominating:
- Tulle and Trinkets
- Downtown Romantic
- Fancy Pants
- The Girl in the Little Black Dress
- Carrie On
- Notes by Natalie
- Shop Mieux
- That Lovely Life
- High Street Spy