When Ian and I got married I decided it was time to start filling our recipe box with tried and true favorites. I love scrolling through Pinterst and trying new recipes, but when I’m in a pinch I flip through our recipe box for a dish I know we will love. Sometimes you are just hungry and don’t want to take the risk of a #PinterestFail.
This pesto pasta dish was the result of a late night in the office and a nearly empty fridge. Ian and I were starving, so I knew I had to make something quick. I looked around the pantry and I noticed we had a package of quinoa noodles. Alright – now were are getting somewhere! Add the leftover pesto, peas, tomatoes, and turkey sausage lying around in the fridge and dinner was served! We were both surprised that it was A) edible and B) one of our new favorite dishes!
I guess you never know when you are going to stumble across a new recipe. If you try it out and love it as much as we do add it to your recipe collection!
Pesto Pasta with Turkey Sausage and Peas
- 8oz of your favorite pasta (I used Trader Joe’s brown rice quinoa fusilli pasta)
- Turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 C. pesto
- 1 C. frozen peas
- 1/2 C. sliced grape tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Boil pasta and add the frozen peas in during the last five minutes
- While the pasta boils, pan fry the turkey sausage until golden on each side
- Drain the pasta and place in a large bowl
- Add the turkey sausage, tomatoes, and pesto
- Stir until combined
- Plate and sprinkle with feta cheese