I was a picky eater growing up, but looking back, I’m baffled at a few of my food aversions. One of which was muffins. Who doesn’t like muffins?! Three year-old Sarah, that’s who! Luckily, it wasn’t long before I finally found the courage to try a nibble of a strange looking lemon poppy seed muffin, and you know what?! I actually liked it!
While trying a new food was a small act of bravery as a child, the thought reminded me to continue taking risks and trying new things as an adult. Even though you may have convinced yourself you won’t like something (like little Sarah was convinced she didn’t like lemon poppy seed muffins) push yourself to explore new things. You never know when you might discover something delicious or uncover a new passion.
I’ve gone on a ramble now, haven’t I?! Well, let’s get back to the reason you clicked on this post – to learn how to make these delicious lemon poppy seed muffins! Enjoy!
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 2.5 C. flour
- 1 ¼ Tbs. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 C. honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs. lemon zest
- ¼ C. lemon juice
- 1 ½ C. plain yogurt
- ¾ C. coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbs. poppy seeds
- ¼ C. powdered sugar
- ¼ C. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place baking liners into the muffin tray
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Slowly combine the wet ingredients in with the dry and stir until combined.
- Gently stir in the poppy seeds and scoop even amounts of the batter into the muffin cases.
- Bake until a toothpick can be inserted into a muffin and come out clean (around 20-25 minutes)
- Pull the muffins out of the oven and let cool.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients until smooth and drizzle over the muffins.
- Let the glaze set and then serve!