When summer ends and we enter into fall I’m often at a loss on how to decorate. I favor cool tones and shy away from filling our home with autumn’s traditional orange hues. While homes filled with rich plaids and orange pumpkins look stunning as I scroll through Pinterest, they don’t feel true to my personal style.
On a quest to find harmony between my interior color pallet and celebrating the fall season, I chose to paint my own mini pumpkins. This is a great way to seamlessly incorporate festive pieces into your home – no matter your color scheme! Since I prefer cooler colors, I painted my pumpkins in shades of blue. After a few coats of paint, you would never know these started out as bright orange!
DIY Coastal Pumpkin Decor
- Mini pastic pumpkins
- White chalkboard paint (use as a primer)
- Paint colors of your choice
- On a newspaper lined surface paint each pumpkin with the white chalkboard paint.
- Once dry, paint thin layers of your desired color until you reach the your preferred hue.
- Paint the pumpkin stems gold and enjoy!